Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Review on The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games
A couple of days ago, I finished the Hunger Games. I hope to finish the series soon. My two friends had read it before and told me to read it because since we all are Harry Potter fans, they knew I would like it...and I did!

You probably heard that there will be a movie coming out in early March after the Hunger Games. That's part of the reason I started reading it! If you want to see a trailer, go to this blog, it's my friend's blog: http://12lovemylife12.blogspot.com/

The Hunger Games takes place in the future. (Not like in 3050, but in 2???) Katniss Everdeen, a brave girl takes her little sister's place in the Hunger Games. Her sister, Primrose, is chosen to participate  in the Hunger Games but Katniss is scared for her so she takes her place.

As a Hunger Games participant, Katniss gets spoiled with delicious food other than berries and bread. In no time, she is known as "The Girl on Fire".

Along the way, Katniss meets a young sweet girl, Rue. Katniss cares about her like Primrose. But something tragic happens to Rue.

Peeta, another participant and Katniss both survive in the Hunger Games. Read the Hunger Games to find out who wins in the Hunger Games!

This book/series is more for pre-teens, teens, and adults.

There are two other books in the Hunger Games series: Catching Fire and Mockingjay.

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did!

Picture source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

1 comment:

  1. You should also read matched and crossed. They are somewhat alike.

    Read matched first.




    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete