Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Track Meet

Today our school had our track meet at City High. At first, I was really scared, because this was my first actual track meet. My events were tug-of-war, 3-legged race, and hoop shoot.

My team, Teresa, Ella, Jenneifer, Meleah, Angie, and I lost two tug-of-wars and won one. Our team automatically won because the other team didn't show up. Then we lost against Wickham School and Coralville Central. But we tried our best.

My 3-legged race partner, Teresa and I got 2nd place in the race. So we made it into the finals. But unfortunately, we got 7th place. I think Teresa and I still did good, though.

I didn't do hoop shoot because all the Weber kids were shouting, so I couldn't hear the man calling out events.

Nonetheless, I only participated because I wanted to have fun and be with my friends! I can't wait until next year for the track meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment