Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Last Day of School

The last day of school was so phenomenal and awesome! It was different from my last day of other grades because we had a silly string fight, and a lot more fun events! It just seems like yesterday, when I started 5th grade! And, it's already been nine months!

First in the morning, we gathered with our buddies and colored a big long piece of paper. We were supposed to draw what we were going to do in the summer.
I drew about Florida, because I want to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando.

Then, we had a water sponge contest. The bad news was, I was wearing my new shoes with soft fur-like material in them! Good news was, they didn't get wet! It was fun though!


Afterwards, Mrs. Murray's class (a class of 3rd and 4th graders), Mrs. Williamson's class (our buddies), and our class went to the media center to dance with the librarian. The songs they put on were the "Chicken Dance", "Baby" (Justin Bieber), "Born This Way" (Lady Gaga), and a couple more. Since our class and other Team 4 classes had a dance for a teacher who was retiring (Mrs. Kurtz) for "Born This Way", our whole class got on the stage and started dancing together! I have to admit, it was a little weird!!


At the end of the day, we had our walkabout. People who are moving and the 6th graders (because they are going to junior high) walk around the school with the whole school around the hallways. Some people cried, but I didn't. I just thought they were getting way too emotional. 


But I think this day was the best last day of school ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment