Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Trip to Clinton and Dubuque

Today we went to Clinton and Dubuque - two towns on Iowa Great Scenic Road. During our day trip, we took plenty of pictures in Clinton, went to a spectacular botanical garden in Dubuque, and had a little snack at McDonald's on our way back. 

The trip was about an hour-and-a-half hours long from Iowa City to Clinton. There was a marina by the Mississippi with boat docks. We took lots of pictures and talked. We picked up brochures on the way, too. After that, we drove to Dubuque. When we got there, we were fascinated because, the last time we were there was probably four years ago, so there were a lot of changes. The funny thing was, we saw three weddings in our whole road trip! Two of them were in Dubuque and one was in Clinton. 

Then, we went to the botanical garden, which was very colorful and fabulous! We saw Koi Fish in the pond and different flowers. The bad news was we couldn't take pictures because our camera ran out of battery. 

This was our third time in the botanical garden. The last time we were here, which was four years ago, my mom wasn't with us. It was just me, my dad, and my grandparents. I remember that we were there for a picnic because my grandmother made hot spicy chicken for the rest of the family. Back then, I loved playing on monkey bars. So there I was, spending my time practicing on the monkey bars, and then suddenly, I felt a drop on my shoulder. It started raining! I started crying because I wanted to play on the monkey bars so bad! I was discussing the story with my parents today in the car about the funny and sad memories. They were surprised that I could recall all that.

I was starving by then, so we stopped at McDonald's. 

This was a wonderful family trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment