Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

TV Shows I Recommend

During the summer, most people binge watch TV shows on Netflix, due to the boredom. I actually didn't binge watch a lot, but yes, I watched more than I usually do in the school year :D. 

1) TV Show: Sherlock, TV-14
Why I like it: Sherlock is one of my favorite mystery shows, because you're always on the edge of your seat during every single second of each episode. 
Duration of episode: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Parent's Guide: In my opinion, this series is appropriate for people 13 years old and older. There is a lot of swearing, some sensuality, many uses of drugs and alcohol, and the general topic that wouldn't be understood by children. But it's suitable for young teenagers. 

2) TV Show: Once Upon a Time, TV-PG
Why I like it: OUAT is another one of my favorite fantasy shows, because it has a little bit of each genre and the story line is very gripping and well thought. 
Duration of episode: Approximately 45 minutes
Parent's Guide: I think this show is suitable for kids 11 or 12 years old+. There isn't too much swearing and some sensuality. 

If you know their fairy tails, this is the show for you!

3) TV Show: America's Got Talent, TV-PG
Why I like it: AGT is my second favorite national "talent" search show. (My first is The Voice, but the new season premiers on Sept. 22) It consists of magic shows, comedy, singing, dancing, and everything you could dream of. 
Duration of episode: It varies really, but about an hour to two. Obviously, it's not on Netflix. 
Parent's Guide: This show is appropriate for children of all ages, but the comedy isn't. Because it's a reality show, you never know when people are going to swear. But overall, you will find most talents amazing and it will blow your mind!

Thanks for reading,
CityLover

No comments:

Post a Comment