Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

High School Survival Guide

Hey CityLover readers!
I recently started high school, and I'll admit, I hate it. So I decided to write a post for other teens struggling with this problem, but also for myself.

STUDYING
1) Flashcards help me a lot when I'm studying for a test. Because I truly despise writing, I downloaded an app called "StudyBlue", which is an online flashcard maker. You have to have wifi to create cards, but you can study offline.

2) If I have a quiz over one section of my textbook, I'll either read or skim the section one more time, making notes on a sticky note and plastering it on the page/section of the page it's referred to.

3) Have a friend over and study together! If you think you guys are going to get distracted, study with a parent (like what I do). They might push you past your study limit, but that's what parents do!

SOCIAL PROBLEMS
1) First of all, ignore everything everyone says. Yes, I know it's easy for me to say, but I go through this everyday, and I try to be happy and think about the positives.

2) Don't be too nice. You heard me. I've tried being nice all my life, but it hasn't gotten me anywhere. Instead, of other people being nice to you back, they might start picking on you, so always have a few witty comments up your sleeve. But on the other hand, don't be a bully either! Be kind most of the time, but when YOU start to feel bad, YOU have to stand up for yourself.

3) Talk to a trusted friend or parent about your problems. They'll listen, and do everything they can to comfort you. If you don't want to talk to anyone, I got a free app called "Day One" (it might not be free anymore, but I don't know), and it's kind of a journal app. It sounds kind of cheesy, but it helps.

~CityLover

No comments:

Post a Comment