Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Artists to Explore: Kristina Webb & Heather Rooney

On social networking sites, I follow many artists who are super creative and I just love admiring and gazing at their stunning artwork. I have two artists that I truly recommend checking out: Kristina Webb and Heather Rooney. I think I discovered them one or two years ago, but just recently, a thought came to my mind: why not blog about them? Personally, I love drawing and art and I always have, but I have never really kept up with it, but I still do enjoy doodling and drawing from time to time, mostly in the summer.

Kristina Webb is very famous in the Internet world has has over 1.5 million followers on her Instagram, which has been verified! Her artwork doesn't fail to amuse and spark the creativity of her followers. She doesn't just draw, but creates original, visionary artwork. She has given pieces of her artwork to pop culture celebrities such as Cody Simpson, Ed Sheeran, and many online celebrities have reposted her artwork, such as Bethany Mota and Tyler Oakley. At the end of 2014, she was asked by YouTube to draw a "summary" of YouTube Rewind! Below are some of her amazing, inspiring pieces.


Heather Rooney's artwork literally gave me goosebumps. Her art seriously looks like a portrait taken by a camera. Heather has over 600,000 subscribers on her YouTube channel and over 180K followers on her Instagram. As you can see below, her colored pencil drawings are out of this world! The first drawing I looked at when I discovered her was the Jennifer Lawrence drawing that my friend tagged me in. After that, I just became hooked to her entire page! She has drawn many celebrities, including sports stars. Below are some of her eye catching pieces!






Thanks for reading,

CityLover

No comments:

Post a Comment