Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

How To Survive Winter | My Top 5 Essentials☃❄

Amsterdam, Netherlands | via Tumblr
Picture source: http://weheartit.com/entry/161408580/tag/amsterdam?context_user=Claire812

I am completely sick and tired of winter and I'm yearning for spring to come, but according to a groundhog (you know who I'm talking about ツ), we're going to have six more weeks of winter...not sure if I believe that. Winter has been hard; the long walks when I'm heading home after school, the occasional Starbucks stop on Fridays when I feel like my heart is going to freeze (like from Frozen, get it?), seeing cars and trucks lose control on the icy roads, and the list goes on. Spring, come faster!

I'm usually an indoor person when winter comes around, so I decided to list a few of my essentials and must-haves during this dreadful season.

  • My Uggs are a life saver during the winter. It's soft, cozy sheepskin keeps my feet warm and snug. 
  • Fleece pajamas are a lifesaver in the winter! Whether if it's having a pillow fight with your friends/family, snuggling in your bed and catching up with your favorite show on Netflix, or reading a good book by the crackling fireplace, fleece pajamas won't let you down. 
  • I mentioned this drink in my favorites page, but Starbucks' Cinnamon Dolce Latte is perfect for the cold, long walks you may have to do. As for me, I volunteer at the library, and the bitter walk from the bus stop to the library is distressing. 
  • A pair of fuzzy socks always makes my winter three times as better. I get mine from Old Navy, simply because they have an inexpensive collection of fuzzy socks. Of course, you can probably get them anywhere because they are so popular. I usually wear them at home because they keep my feet warmer and I have no need to wear them in public. :) Many people I know love wearing these everywhere. 
  • Last, but definitely not least: LOTION. I cannot express how important a moisturizer is during this harsh season. I have three that I use daily: I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion for my hands and body, Olay Fresh Effects Hydrating Gel Moisturizer for my face (I actually use this year round, because right after I put it on, my face feels so fresh and...this is going to sound a bit redundant, but hydrating), and Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Relaxing Body Lotion for my hands during the day (it's a travel size) at school.

Well, there you have it! If you're like me, a person who loathes winter, we can survive this winter together! Just a few more weeks  is what I always try to think...

Thanks for reading,

Until next time,

CityLover

No comments:

Post a Comment