Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Review of Catching Fire: The Movie

Not so long ago, I watched Catching Fire with my very good friends who also watched The Hunger Games with me, when it first came out. Catching Fire was so amazing, I was blown away. 

If you have read the book, most of the movie will make sense to you, in fact all of the movie will. But on the other hand, if you have not, now is the time to read the best-selling trilogy.

 In this movie, the Capitol decides to have another Hunger Games, like always, but this time, it's between all the remaining victors. Katniss and Peeta continue to play their "love story" act, but President Snow doesn't seem to believe all of it. He does everything in his power to kill her, with the help of a new Gamemaker, Plutarch. During the Games, Katniss and Peeta team up with Mags, Finnick (an absolute favorite of mine), Johanna, Beetee, and his companion. 

Catching Fire, the movie, in my opinion, is WAY better than the first one. It's filled with action, romance, humor, mystery, and more. It's got everything for everyone. This time, I noticed that it was more action packed though. Maybe because the director wanted to show Katniss's agony towards the Capitol...

I would see this movie a number of times, but never would get tired of it. My favorite character is Finnick because I just love his relation with Mags, an old victor who participates. He is also humorous in a sarcastic way. I implore you to see this fantastic movie, it is the best!

My rating for this is 9/10! I just loved the acting, effects, and their creation of Panem. This is a really great movie, no joke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment