Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

My Review on Snowpiercer

Snowpiercer (an adaptation of a French graphic novel) is an undoubtably well-made film by director Bong Joon-ho, with male lead Chris Evans. As a fanatic of Evans, I certainly enjoyed his acting in this adventurous sci-fi.

This film takes place in the future where the entire planet has been frozen due to a chemical. The human race is almost extinct, but some have survived. The lucky survivors live on a train and the society on the train is very similar to the Hunger Games trilogy society. I don't want to spill the beans, so I won't say what happens on the train. (The poor basically have to fight their way to the front of the train where the wealthy live.)

There are many talented actors in this movie and I truly admired their performance. This movie has a really meaningful theme and would encourage all sci-fi and/or action-packed movie lovers to watch this film. It is rated-R for language, violence, and some disturbing images due to violence, but as a young teenager, I think mature youngsters that can easily handle frightening fighting and bad language will really enjoy this movie. Overall, this movie really changed my view on society and people's way of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment