Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

President Barack Obama's Speech on Affordble College Education

Recently I attended President Barack Obama's speech on affordable college education. My parents and I waited in line for five hours before we were able to see him. His speech was very inspiring for many people.

When college students need federal student loans, they pay interest on them similar to all other loans, but on July 1st this year, the interest rate will double, so President Barack Obama is trying to stop that from happening. He also said that before he and Michelle got married, they were both poor and that they had a mountain of student loans to pay. But after they got married, they grew even poorer. They paid all their student loans just eight years ago. President Barack Obama included many things in his speech such as telling Congress--"Don't double my rate!"
 (http://twitter.com/#!/search/dontdoublemyrate

I think this speech is important because by the time I go to college, college education will be very expensive, and I sincerely hope that this does not happen, not just for me, but for anybody. I support Barack Obama very much on this issue. 


Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post.
CityLover : )

Secret Service

President Obama

President Obama




The audience's feet hanging down from the upper level.
 

My ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment