Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Great Apps You Need

Almost everything is done via mobile now. Coupon transactions, communication, social networking, reservations, show times and the list goes on. More than 20% of the entire world has a smart phone.

Below, I have created a small list of necessary apps I have that make my life easier, so I thought I would share them with you.

Lifestyle
  1. Day One ($5)--It's a useful app where you can journal and document are day, everyday. I actually got this app for free, via Starbucks, so that was a huge plus. 
  2. Starbucks (free)--who doesn't want free music, apps, and more? Through this app, you can get free stuff from iTunes, without actually purchasing anything from Starbucks. They come out of weekly deals every Tuesday. 
News
  1. Flipboard (free)--This is a free current events/news app that projects articles in your feed, that you like! In the beginning, it gives you an almost endless list of interests/passions/hobbies, which you're supposed to check. From there, it choose articles that you would be interested in. Some topics include: celebrity gossip, world news, science, space travel, music, biking, and the list goes on. 
Photography
  1. VSCOcam (free)--great filters that provide that grunge/hipster look to all your photos! I use this app for most of my Instagram photos.
  2. InstaSize (free)--I use this app for every single one of my Instagram photos. If you have a picture you don't want to crop to a square size, just use this app, and it takes your picture, put a white border around it (a square), then upload to any social networking site and save!
  3. Hyperlapse (free)--this is a video app from Instagram that lets you take videos where you can speed it up...as the name implies. 
Games

  1. Heads Up! ($1)--This app is brought to you by Ellen DeGeneres. I play this game whenever I'm with friends and family. It can be like charades or just as simple as a guessing game. There are many categories, including, Superstars, Act It Out, Animals Gone Wild, Just For Kids, Blockbuster Movies, and more! I'd say it's definitely worth paying for.
  2. Smash Hit (pretty sure it's free)--I don't really know what's so special about this game, but its graphics and design are on point. It's pretty addicting too.
Music

  1. Shazam (free)--Whenever I hear a song on the radio and I don't know what it's called, I always Shazam it. Shazam can instantly identify a song just by listening to it. Obviously you need Internet or some form of cellular data.
  2. Pacemaker (pretty sure it's free)--This app is very similar to the djay (1 and 2) app, but I think it's free (I have it on my tablet) and has more options when "remixing" music. 

Alright! So far, those are my favorite apps to use on a weekly basis, so I hope this post helped you!

Thanks for reading,

CityLover
 

No comments:

Post a Comment