Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Paper Towns: Review

Paper Towns is an intriguing novel by John Green, who is the author of The Fault in Our Stars, which is also a movie. Later this year, a film adaptation of Paper Towns will be released, so I knew I had to read the book before I saw the movie.


This book is about a girl named Margo (she is one of a kind, really), who runs away leaving clues about where she went to an average kid, Quentin (Q), who is her neighbor. But, before she ran away, Q and Margo spent her last night in town, playing a few pranks and whatnot. The next day, Q doesn't see her at school or at the house. She has gone missing. He believes it's up to him to find her.

I really love this book because John Green, the author, really makes you think in a different perspective. Because Margo is described as a very unusual teen girl, the book makes you want to question everything she does. 

If I were to rate this, I would give it a 6 or 6.5 because some parts in the book are really unnecessary, and there are two places where this happens: First, when Q and his friends go on a road trip to find Margo, and second, when they find her. I guess for the movie it would be fine and interesting, but reading it is kind of...boring and doesn't make you think. But overall, I recommend this book to any mystery loving reader out there. If you're a fan of John Green, I also encourage you to read it. It's really great and you won't regret it. 

Thanks for reading, 
CityLover☁︎

No comments:

Post a Comment